This 3-day program provides an in-depth review of the information required for the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) examination. As a valid and reliable way to assess competence, the PMP Certification is internationally recognized and globally accredited. It is a certification by Project Managers for Project Managers and the skills are transferable between methodologies, standards and industries.
The PMP Certification recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of Project Manager, specifically having experience in leading and directing projects. Certification as a Project Manager demonstrates that an individual has the knowledge needed to be competent, and has a professional, ethical approach to the difficult work of managing projects.The PMP Certification demonstrates to employers, clients and colleagues that an individual possess project management knowledge, experience and the skills to bring projects to successful completion.
Participation in Trusight’s PMP Exam Preparation classwork qualifies as a foundation for the 35 hours of required training to be eligible for the test. Other training programs in project management, industry applications or general management areas will complete your training requirements. The material provided in the training is consistent with the "A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide - Fourth Edition" text book. Discussion of the extensive materials covering the concepts and best practices in project management get reinforced through individual work, group exercises and practice tests. Additional information is available on the PMI website (http://www.pmi.org/) or by contacting the instructor Alan Brown, P.E. at 612.382.8489.
Class Materials Include:
- Trusight’s PMP Exam Prep Workbook
- PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide fourth edition text book ($65.95 value)
- Q & As for the PMBOK Guide, fourth edition text book ($29.95 value)
Second-Time-Around Option: Within 60 days of completing the program, if you are not successful at your first attempt of the exam, you may attend Trusight's PMP Exam Preparation program the next time it is offered for no fee.
**This program is WIA certified.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced Project Managers and individuals looking to solidify skills, stand out to employers and maximize earning potential
- Anyone interested in PMP Certification
- Test taking tips and strategies
- Hands-on experience with tools and techniques needed to pass the PMP Exam
- Foundation to study for and pass the exam
- Understand the principles and processes descibed in the PMBOK® guide