So much of what HR does is project based and requires project management skills to be successful. Projects may include selecting a new HR technology vendor to writing an employee handbook. According to SHRM, most HR professionals approach project management on an ad hoc basis. Projects unfold by their urgencies instead of spending the time to clarify what the goals and objectives are. This results in a lack of appropriate planning and necessary time spent with the project stakeholders. Significant projects and tasks then fall off the calendar.
So how do you chip away at a project? How do your break it down into bite sized successes? Acquire the skills during this three-week class and set yourself up for project success.
NEW: Updated with ISO 21500:2012. International Standard for Guidance on Project Management.
Who Should Attend
Human Resource Professionals
- Define the essential characteristics of a project
- Understand the life cycle phases of a project
- Understand the key variables for HR projects
- Introduction to project management tools
- Learn how to control a project
- Learn project close-out methodology