Well-written job descriptions can support a variety of HR functions. They communicate job requirements, support wage and salary administration, and serve as support documentation for legal compliance. Laws and regulations, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), make it important for organizations to determine their approach to job descriptions. This workshop presents different approaches to job analysis and will help attendees understand multi-purpose job descriptions for their organization.
Who Should Attend
Any HR support staff, HR professional, or other supervisors and managers with the responsibility for writing job descriptions.
• Understand the principal uses of job descriptions
• Be able to conduct job analysis
• Learn what components go into a job description
• Understand basic job description formats
• Understand how to determine essential functions
• Be able to write job responsibility statements.